We Have Moved
We have moved to 4 and 5 The Cedars, Apex 12, Old Ipswich Road, Colchester, Essex CO7 7QR
All our contact details remain the same
At Morley Riches & Ablewhite we do things a little differently and it’s not something we shy away from.
As a team of Chartered Surveyors, we believe in developing relationships that will make business with us a pleasure. We put the needs of our clients at the heart of what we do, which is why our clients are happy to refer our services.
Succeeding in the property market today requires great care and skill; attributes that have to be earned and cannot be bought. We set up our limited liability partnership in 2001, but have been working together, in one form or another, for over three decades. Our approach to surveying is centred around providing quality services that are supportive, practical and of the highest calibre.
We work with people who value professionalism and personality in their relationships, across a growing portfolio of sectors, including property management, development and planning, as well as estate agency. Clients choose to use us again and again, as they know we have the knowledge and expertise to guide them through even the most complex processes.
Clients choose to work with our friendly, professional team because we consistently deliver a quality service that makes their lives easier. Our plain-speaking approach ensures everyone is kept on the same page and that a project can move forward in a timely and cost-effective way.Our Story
Is Working from Home Sustainable?
The last year has enabled us to take a closer look at our effect on the environment and how to best serve our clients. You would think a zero commute, and no office energy consumption would suggest working from home to be the most sustainable solution. But the answer to impact isn’t that simple.
Morley Riches & Ablewhite consequently are moving to new premises.
Clients choose to work with our friendly, professional team time and time again because we consistently deliver a quality service that makes their lives easier. Our plain-speaking approach ensures everyone is kept on the same page and that a project can move forward in a timely and cost-effective way.
What people say about working with us
- "We have acted alongside Peter Riches of Morley Riches and Ablewhite for a number of years for a mutual client which is a major national landowner. Peter is sharp and incisive and a pleasure to deal with and we value the expertise and commitment he brings to transactions. We look forward to continuing to work with Morley Riches and Ablewhite in the future."Anthony Alderman, Partner of Bond Dickinson LLP
- "Peter Riches of MRA has managed an industrial property we own for the last 10 years and we have been delighted with the way our business has been handled. We have always found Peter to be very professional in his attitude; he has a good understanding of what we are trying to achieve, listens to our ideas and offers suggestions of his own. The rest of the team at MRA are always polite, friendly and helpful and we highly recommend the company and the services they offer."A J Kernahan, Developments Limited
- "Peter Riches and his team was recommended to me by a fellow business man. He has proven himself to be up to a very high standard in his profession and I like the way that he is prompt to deal with any situation in a professional way. He has a dynamic, enthusiastic team around him which gives me confidence in my decision making in which I value his experienced advice."Adrian Coolbergen, Coolbergen Properties
- "I have worked with Morley Riches and Ablewhite for several years. I have always found them to be trustworthy, professional, responsive and accurate while offering a flexible approach to problem solving. They provide excellent value for money and also deliver additional value through their thorough knowledge and network. Reputation and branding are important to any business so it’s important to select organisations who have a compatible constitution and culture. MRA demonstrate empathy with corporate objectives, they manage customer relationships effectively and efficiently and work seamlessly as part of a team. I would recommend them to anyone who needs a professional property service."Steve Heywood, Hills Building Group
- "Morley Riches & Ablewhite have managed two of our multi-let office investments since 2008. We have always been completely satisfied with their performance and feel comfortable that our tenants are in safe hands. Rents are always collected promptly and accounted to us accurately. Service charge accounts are always well maintained and presented to our tenants. We have also instructed Peter Riches to undertake a range of professional work on other properties in our portfolio including valuations, rent reviews, records of condition and schedules of dilapidation. Again, we have always been pleased with the outcome and as a result have been happy to recommend him to other property owners known to us."Graham Holdgate, Moreland Limited
- "I have known Peter Riches and indeed some of his staff for many years now. Our family and I in particular have built a close relationship with Peter, instructing him on numerous occasions for projects, lease renewals, rent reviews etc. and have always found him to be honest, reliable and extremely efficient. Peter will always find a solution to all your property needs and matters – his creative talent, input and valuable knowledge is where he really shines above the rest “bar none”! I would have no hesitation in recommending him or his staff for all your property needs."Aaron Taub, Advantage Property Group
- "We have employed the services of Morley Riches & Ablewhite for over 10 years and have always found them to be Professional to deal with. Both Peter and Jon have a wide knowledge of the local commercial market which has enabled them to advise us on various aspects within our diverse business."Ian Newman, East Anglian Group
- "Being a local business in Colchester, we seek to establish relationships with local professionals in certain key areas of business. Morley Riches and Ablewhite are a professional friend of Handelsbanken and understood from a very early stage what we were looking for from their reports. They have been extremely prompt in their delivery of valuations and more than happy to discuss all aspects of the property market within our catchment area, which we find very valuable. Overall a pleasure to deal with."Russell Felstead, Handelsbanken
- "Jon Ablewhite of Morley, Riches and Ablewhite has provided professional services to my company for many years. This has included sales, purchasing and renting of office properties in and around Colchester. He has been very professional and thorough, combining this with an understanding of the needs of a business client such as ourselves. Together with Peter Riches, he forms a very strong and likeable team."Russell Sainty, Seaford Properties Limited
- "We are very happy with the friendly, professional and pro-active commercial property management service which we receive from Jon Ablewhite and we accordingly have no hesitation in recommending him and his firm."Rodney Stock, Bishop’s Stortford