Meet the personalities that make up our team and discover what they’re really like to work with.
One of the advantages of working with the people at Morley Riches & Ablewhite is our collective memory. We’ve been in business long enough to have worked in a number of economic climates and have experienced some of the more challenging periods of our industry’s history. We continued because of the skills we’ve acquired and retained along the way. We have what it takes to do so again.
Irrespective of whether you’re looking to retain our services for commercial or private purposes, you want to deal with people who can get the job done to the best possible standard, without fuss or fanfare. That’s exactly what you get when working with our team.
Each of our experts can deliver a plain speaking service that solves problems and gets our clients to where they need to be. We simply guide people through their project in a practical and professional way.
Most of our business comes through recommendation, something we take great pride in. Clients do this because they know we’re a team that can be trusted to deliver, and make business with us a pleasure.
Samantha Morley is a founder, business partner and partnership secretary for Morley, Riches and Ablewhite
She helped set up the company, playing a crucial role in running the business in its early stages. Today, she plays a significant part in the financial side of the business, compliance, procurement and HR. When she’s not in the office, Samantha will be trialling and training her gundogs.
Peter Riches BSc (Hons) FRICS
Peter Riches is a business partner and founding member of Morley Riches and Ablewhite.
Peter is both qualified and experienced in the property sector. He was elected a Fellow of the RICS in the late 1990’s and formed Morley Riches and Ablewhite in 2001. Peter is very proud of the team at Morley Riches and Ablewhite and the achievements made by the practice over the last decade. Peter is also a keen musician and a guitarist in a local band.
Jon Ablewhite MRICS
Jon Ablewhite is a business partner and one of the founders of Morley Riches Ablewhite.
Born and educated in Colchester, Jon has continuously worked in the property sector. As one of the founding members of the firm, Jon is proud of what they have achieved; Chartered Surveyors who do it the right way, providing clients with honest advice. On Jon’s days off, you will find him following the national rugby and cricket teams.
Carol administers the financial aspects and assists the surveyors who manage properties for our clients. This role involves accounting to clients for all income and expenditure, paying suppliers, arranging utilities and maintaining service charge accounts.
Before joining Morley Riches & Ablewhite Carol worked for the British Army in a dedicated team arranging winter and summer activities in Canada. She later transferred to Building and Services Supplies in the joint HQ in Germany.
Amelia is a member of our Property Management Team and will be the first point of contact for all our property management instructions and dealing with the practical day to day issues of our properties. She has always been interested in property and buildings throughout her life and aspires to become a Chartered Surveyor.
Before joining Morley Riches & Ablewhite, Amelia has worked at AXA , moving to LV in 2010.
Clients choose to work with our friendly, professional team time and time again because we consistently deliver a quality service that makes their lives easier. Our plain-speaking approach ensures everyone is kept on the same page and that a project can move forward in a timely and cost-effective way.
What people say about working with us
- "Griffin Chapman has a long-standing relationship with Morley Riches & Ablewhite. Our experience is that they are highly professional, efficient and proactive. We have been pleased to recommend a number of our clients to Morley Riches & Ablewhite for assistance in property matters. The feedback that we have received has been highly positive. We have also been pleased to co-sponsor a number of successful corporate events with Morley Riches & Ablewhite over recent years."Griffin Chapman, Chartered Accountants
- "Dudley Smith Partnership has enjoyed a long and positive professional relationship with Morley Riches and Ablewhite. Their broad professional services are delivered with efficiency and they display a practical approach together with proactive client service. Our respective firms have from time to time worked jointly on projects over the years and we are pleased to recommend Morley Riches and Ablewhite when the opportunity arises."Dudley Smith Partnership
- "Morley, Riches & Ablewhite – forgettable name, but seriously unforgettable service! We engaged MRA about 3 years’ ago on recommendation. We have never regretted it. Good, practical advice on all property aspects, including new leases, professional discussions with existing Landlords and advice generally. At all times the service has been prompt, professional and cost-effective. Communication skills are first rate and we have confidence in the calibre of MRA’s team and their ability to provide commercial insight and evolve innovative win / win solutions."John May, Director, Thompson & Morgan Group Holdings Limited
- "We are very happy with the friendly, professional and pro-active commercial property management service which we receive from Jon Ablewhite and we accordingly have no hesitation in recommending him and his firm."Rodney Stock, Bishop’s Stortford
- "Jon Ablewhite of Morley, Riches and Ablewhite has provided professional services to my company for many years. This has included sales, purchasing and renting of office properties in and around Colchester. He has been very professional and thorough, combining this with an understanding of the needs of a business client such as ourselves. Together with Peter Riches, he forms a very strong and likeable team."Russell Sainty, Seaford Properties Limited
- "Being a local business in Colchester, we seek to establish relationships with local professionals in certain key areas of business. Morley Riches and Ablewhite are a professional friend of Handelsbanken and understood from a very early stage what we were looking for from their reports. They have been extremely prompt in their delivery of valuations and more than happy to discuss all aspects of the property market within our catchment area, which we find very valuable. Overall a pleasure to deal with."Russell Felstead, Handelsbanken