Amelia Valentin joined Morley Riches & Ablewhite in September 2017.
Amelia was born in Alamagordo, New Mexico and moved to England when she was two and settled in Ipswich, Suffolk. Attending school at Copleston High School and later Suffolk New College she then went into the Insurance world. She originally started at AXA working in Home and Travel insurance, moving to LV in 2010.
Amelia has now joined our Property Management Team and will be the first point of contact for all our property management instructions and dealing with the practical day to day issues of our properties. She has always been interested in property and buildings throughout her life and aspired to become a Chartered Surveyor.
Out of the office you will find Amelia enjoys a variety of activities. In the winter months, she will be skiing in France and eating way too much cheese! The rest of the year she will be enjoying Kayaking, Jet Skiing and most importantly spending time with her two dogs, a strong-willed Jack Russell called Dave and a relaxed Labrador called Dylan!
Tea or coffee? Black or Green Tea
Early bird or night owl? Night Owl
10 mile countryside bike ride or cosy sofa and wood burner? I would opt for a 10 mile country walk with my dogs, followed by cosy sofa and wood burner – with snacks and wine.
Red wine or white? Dry white wine or a beer.
Books or films? Books are always better than films however, I find myself watching films a lot more.
Shopping or fishing? Shopping. I don’t really like touching fish.
Vanilla crème brulée or farmhouse cheese board? A cheeseboard wins every day.
Choice of colour: Olive green or fuchsia pink? Fuchsia pink all the way.
Cats or dogs? Dogs of course, life would be very quiet without our Dave and Dylan!
Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice or the autobiography of Richard Branson? Richard Branson as I find him very interesting,
Winter or summer? The summer as there is so many more activities you can do when it’s warm, although I do quite enjoy finding the snow in the Alps for skiing!
Downton Abbey or Human Universe? Neither?
Football or Tennis? If I had to pick it would be Tennis, purely for the fact that it is acceptable to drink Pimms all day.
Twitter or Facebook? Twitter
Clients choose to work with our friendly, professional team time and time again because we consistently deliver a quality service that makes their lives easier. Our plain-speaking approach ensures everyone is kept on the same page and that a project can move forward in a timely and cost-effective way.
What people say about working with us
- "Griffin Chapman has a long-standing relationship with Morley Riches & Ablewhite. Our experience is that they are highly professional, efficient and proactive. We have been pleased to recommend a number of our clients to Morley Riches & Ablewhite for assistance in property matters. The feedback that we have received has been highly positive. We have also been pleased to co-sponsor a number of successful corporate events with Morley Riches & Ablewhite over recent years."Griffin Chapman, Chartered Accountants
- "Dudley Smith Partnership has enjoyed a long and positive professional relationship with Morley Riches and Ablewhite. Their broad professional services are delivered with efficiency and they display a practical approach together with proactive client service. Our respective firms have from time to time worked jointly on projects over the years and we are pleased to recommend Morley Riches and Ablewhite when the opportunity arises."Dudley Smith Partnership
- "Morley, Riches & Ablewhite – forgettable name, but seriously unforgettable service! We engaged MRA about 3 years’ ago on recommendation. We have never regretted it. Good, practical advice on all property aspects, including new leases, professional discussions with existing Landlords and advice generally. At all times the service has been prompt, professional and cost-effective. Communication skills are first rate and we have confidence in the calibre of MRA’s team and their ability to provide commercial insight and evolve innovative win / win solutions."John May, Director, Thompson & Morgan Group Holdings Limited
- "We are very happy with the friendly, professional and pro-active commercial property management service which we receive from Jon Ablewhite and we accordingly have no hesitation in recommending him and his firm."Rodney Stock, Bishop’s Stortford
- "Jon Ablewhite of Morley, Riches and Ablewhite has provided professional services to my company for many years. This has included sales, purchasing and renting of office properties in and around Colchester. He has been very professional and thorough, combining this with an understanding of the needs of a business client such as ourselves. Together with Peter Riches, he forms a very strong and likeable team."Russell Sainty, Seaford Properties Limited
- "Being a local business in Colchester, we seek to establish relationships with local professionals in certain key areas of business. Morley Riches and Ablewhite are a professional friend of Handelsbanken and understood from a very early stage what we were looking for from their reports. They have been extremely prompt in their delivery of valuations and more than happy to discuss all aspects of the property market within our catchment area, which we find very valuable. Overall a pleasure to deal with."Russell Felstead, Handelsbanken