Carol Geddes is a property manager at Morley Riches and Ablewhite.
Before joining Morley Riches and Ablewhite, Carol was working for the British Army. She worked with a dedicated team to arrange winter and summer activities for the British Army in Canada, before working for the building and services supplies in the joint head quarters in Germany.
Carol’s role at the practice has changed throughout the years. A large part of her job has been to build a brand new client database system for the team, a project that continues to run as the business develops and grows. She enjoys all aspects of her job and how varied her role is at the company, however, filing is possibly her least favourite.
She has been with the company for a long time, and is proud to have been part of a team that has come back stronger and better than ever despite difficult economic times. She describes Morley Riches and Ablewhite as unique in the industry because of their work ethic. She enjoys working for a medium sized firm which is able to ensure every client receives the best possible service and is never just another number. She rates personal service and the understanding of clients needs and their business very highly.
On her days off, Carol can’t help but keep an eye out for the sites the company manage and make sure everything is in working order! To wind down you’ll find her with her head in a good book or watching the footy.
Tea or coffee? Tea (Must be PG Pyramids) white with one sugar.
Early bird or night owl? Early bird on a work night, but most definitely night owl at weekends.
10 mile countryside bike ride or cosy sofa and wood burner? Cosy sofa and a good book with a glass of wine.
Red wine or white? New World White is the preferred wine tipple, but do like a nice Vodka or amaretto cranberry – Sarah might have had something to do with that last drink choice!
Books or films? Be nice to have time to watch a film but a musical would be the first pick.
Shopping or fishing? Hate shopping with a passion and not a fishing fan, I’d rather watch West Ham United on the telly in a cosy pub on a Saturday afternoon. Heaven if we win.
Vanilla crème brulée or farmhouse cheese board? Cheese every time.
Choice of colour: Olive green or fuchsia pink? Purple closely followed by blue.
Cats or dogs? Cats, less work and cost.
Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice or the autobiography of Richard Branson? Love all the books written by Martina Cole, Lee Childs, Dan Brown, Jackie Collins and Sidney Sheldon. I read most days even if it is just for 20 minutes.
Winter or summer? Summer, I do hate the cold.
Downton Abbey or Human Universe? Downton Abbey
Football or Tennis? FOOTBALL, it’s a religion.
Twitter or Facebook? Facebook.
Clients choose to work with our friendly, professional team time and time again because we consistently deliver a quality service that makes their lives easier. Our plain-speaking approach ensures everyone is kept on the same page and that a project can move forward in a timely and cost-effective way.
What people say about working with us
- "Griffin Chapman has a long-standing relationship with Morley Riches & Ablewhite. Our experience is that they are highly professional, efficient and proactive. We have been pleased to recommend a number of our clients to Morley Riches & Ablewhite for assistance in property matters. The feedback that we have received has been highly positive. We have also been pleased to co-sponsor a number of successful corporate events with Morley Riches & Ablewhite over recent years."Griffin Chapman, Chartered Accountants
- "Dudley Smith Partnership has enjoyed a long and positive professional relationship with Morley Riches and Ablewhite. Their broad professional services are delivered with efficiency and they display a practical approach together with proactive client service. Our respective firms have from time to time worked jointly on projects over the years and we are pleased to recommend Morley Riches and Ablewhite when the opportunity arises."Dudley Smith Partnership
- "Morley, Riches & Ablewhite – forgettable name, but seriously unforgettable service! We engaged MRA about 3 years’ ago on recommendation. We have never regretted it. Good, practical advice on all property aspects, including new leases, professional discussions with existing Landlords and advice generally. At all times the service has been prompt, professional and cost-effective. Communication skills are first rate and we have confidence in the calibre of MRA’s team and their ability to provide commercial insight and evolve innovative win / win solutions."John May, Director, Thompson & Morgan Group Holdings Limited
- "We are very happy with the friendly, professional and pro-active commercial property management service which we receive from Jon Ablewhite and we accordingly have no hesitation in recommending him and his firm."Rodney Stock, Bishop’s Stortford
- "Jon Ablewhite of Morley, Riches and Ablewhite has provided professional services to my company for many years. This has included sales, purchasing and renting of office properties in and around Colchester. He has been very professional and thorough, combining this with an understanding of the needs of a business client such as ourselves. Together with Peter Riches, he forms a very strong and likeable team."Russell Sainty, Seaford Properties Limited
- "Being a local business in Colchester, we seek to establish relationships with local professionals in certain key areas of business. Morley Riches and Ablewhite are a professional friend of Handelsbanken and understood from a very early stage what we were looking for from their reports. They have been extremely prompt in their delivery of valuations and more than happy to discuss all aspects of the property market within our catchment area, which we find very valuable. Overall a pleasure to deal with."Russell Felstead, Handelsbanken