Jon Ablewhite MRICS
Jon Ablewhite is a business partner and one of the founders of Morley Riches Ablewhite.
Jon was born and educated in Colchester. He has always worked in the property sector, starting as a Trainee for a well-known firm of chartered surveyors in 1983. A couple of years after and Jon moved to another property company, acting as Manager of the Commercial Agency Department until 1992.
Jon then became one of the Directors for a private practice in Colchester, specialising in commercial property management. With a substantial background in sales and letting of commercial property and his experience in professional work such as valuations, rent reviews and managing property for various clients, Jon helped to set up Morley Riches and Ablewhite in 2001.
Jon enjoys working with a passionate team of professionals and the strong business relationships they build with their clients. Jon has worked in the property sector for over 30 years and has seen the industry change, becoming more customer-centric, with clients who need practical help, guidance and advice when it comes to their property enquiries.
He thinks this is what’s special about Morley, Riches and Ablewhite. Setting up their own company meant they could become the chartered surveyors who do it the right way, providing clients with the right, honest advice, making business a pleasure to do.
On Jon’s days off, you will find him following the national rugby and cricket teams. He enjoys good food, drink and company, and to balance this, he tries to keep fit too. You’ll often find him running, cycling and playing the odd game of badminton when he can.
Tea or coffee? Strong, white and usually sweet but I’ve recently given up sugar.
Early bird or night owl? Night owl – ask the wife!
10 mile countryside bike ride or cosy sofa and wood burner? Having just purchased a bike, I should probably say the former!
Red wine or white? Red preferred, especially thin French reds such as Fleurie, Morgon and Beaujolais.
Books or films? Films mainly, although I do enjoy military history books, not so keen on fiction.
Shopping or fishing? Neither really.
Vanilla crème brulée or farmhouse cheese board? Cheese every time, which is why I’m now on statins!
Choice of colour: Olive green or fuchsia pink? Yes, if pushed it’s olive green but my favourite colour is blue.
Cats or dogs? Cats, we have two ginger toms at the moment and have always had cats.
Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice or the autobiography of Richard Branson? I had enough of Jane Austen at school however, like I said before, I really only read military history.
Winter or summer? Summer every time!
Downton Abbey or Human Universe? Downton Abbey
Football or Tennis? Neither, I’ve lost patience with footballers. I enjoy cricket and rugby, and always try to catch Wimbledon on the television.
Twitter or Facebook? Neither, I’m a complete dinosaur – I’ve only just started texting fairly recently.
Clients choose to work with our friendly, professional team time and time again because we consistently deliver a quality service that makes their lives easier. Our plain-speaking approach ensures everyone is kept on the same page and that a project can move forward in a timely and cost-effective way.
What people say about working with us
- "Griffin Chapman has a long-standing relationship with Morley Riches & Ablewhite. Our experience is that they are highly professional, efficient and proactive. We have been pleased to recommend a number of our clients to Morley Riches & Ablewhite for assistance in property matters. The feedback that we have received has been highly positive. We have also been pleased to co-sponsor a number of successful corporate events with Morley Riches & Ablewhite over recent years."Griffin Chapman, Chartered Accountants
- "Dudley Smith Partnership has enjoyed a long and positive professional relationship with Morley Riches and Ablewhite. Their broad professional services are delivered with efficiency and they display a practical approach together with proactive client service. Our respective firms have from time to time worked jointly on projects over the years and we are pleased to recommend Morley Riches and Ablewhite when the opportunity arises."Dudley Smith Partnership
- "Morley, Riches & Ablewhite – forgettable name, but seriously unforgettable service! We engaged MRA about 3 years’ ago on recommendation. We have never regretted it. Good, practical advice on all property aspects, including new leases, professional discussions with existing Landlords and advice generally. At all times the service has been prompt, professional and cost-effective. Communication skills are first rate and we have confidence in the calibre of MRA’s team and their ability to provide commercial insight and evolve innovative win / win solutions."John May, Director, Thompson & Morgan Group Holdings Limited
- "We are very happy with the friendly, professional and pro-active commercial property management service which we receive from Jon Ablewhite and we accordingly have no hesitation in recommending him and his firm."Rodney Stock, Bishop’s Stortford
- "Jon Ablewhite of Morley, Riches and Ablewhite has provided professional services to my company for many years. This has included sales, purchasing and renting of office properties in and around Colchester. He has been very professional and thorough, combining this with an understanding of the needs of a business client such as ourselves. Together with Peter Riches, he forms a very strong and likeable team."Russell Sainty, Seaford Properties Limited
- "Being a local business in Colchester, we seek to establish relationships with local professionals in certain key areas of business. Morley Riches and Ablewhite are a professional friend of Handelsbanken and understood from a very early stage what we were looking for from their reports. They have been extremely prompt in their delivery of valuations and more than happy to discuss all aspects of the property market within our catchment area, which we find very valuable. Overall a pleasure to deal with."Russell Felstead, Handelsbanken