Discover what makes us one of the leading firms of Chartered Surveyors in East Anglia.
Our founding partners launched Morley Riches and Ablewhite in 2001. This consisted of Samantha Morley, Peter Riches, and Jon and Teresa Ablewhite. Peter Riches and Jon Ablewhite have worked together since 1986. Forming a new, independent company allowed us to share our knowledge and experience of the property industry and develop long-term, meaningful relationships with clients, making business a pleasure for both parties. These values set us apart from other organisations in our industry as we are more focussed on how we do things.
We started in Crouch Street, Colchester, and the next five years saw real growth for the business. We quickly started attracting more clients, and as a consequence, our team started to grow. In 2006, we moved, buying our own premises at Kings Court where we continue to operate from today. This was a defining moment for the business; achieving what we set out to do and doing it successfully.
Our core services now include commercial property agency, property management, valuation, landlord and tenant advice, building surveying and development consultancy.
The future development of the business is rooted in the next generation of Morley Riches & Ablewhite. We continuously invest time in the development of our younger staff to secure our legacy and ensure we continue to provide the expert, honest advice and practical guidance our customers need.
Discover more about the people behind our organisation by putting some names to faces on the Our People page.
Clients choose to work with our friendly, professional team time and time again because we consistently deliver a quality service that makes their lives easier. Our plain-speaking approach ensures everyone is kept on the same page and that a project can move forward in a timely and cost-effective way.
What people say about working with us
- "Griffin Chapman has a long-standing relationship with Morley Riches & Ablewhite. Our experience is that they are highly professional, efficient and proactive. We have been pleased to recommend a number of our clients to Morley Riches & Ablewhite for assistance in property matters. The feedback that we have received has been highly positive. We have also been pleased to co-sponsor a number of successful corporate events with Morley Riches & Ablewhite over recent years."Griffin Chapman, Chartered Accountants
- "Dudley Smith Partnership has enjoyed a long and positive professional relationship with Morley Riches and Ablewhite. Their broad professional services are delivered with efficiency and they display a practical approach together with proactive client service. Our respective firms have from time to time worked jointly on projects over the years and we are pleased to recommend Morley Riches and Ablewhite when the opportunity arises."Dudley Smith Partnership
- "Morley, Riches & Ablewhite – forgettable name, but seriously unforgettable service! We engaged MRA about 3 years’ ago on recommendation. We have never regretted it. Good, practical advice on all property aspects, including new leases, professional discussions with existing Landlords and advice generally. At all times the service has been prompt, professional and cost-effective. Communication skills are first rate and we have confidence in the calibre of MRA’s team and their ability to provide commercial insight and evolve innovative win / win solutions."John May, Director, Thompson & Morgan Group Holdings Limited
- "We are very happy with the friendly, professional and pro-active commercial property management service which we receive from Jon Ablewhite and we accordingly have no hesitation in recommending him and his firm."Rodney Stock, Bishop’s Stortford
- "Jon Ablewhite of Morley, Riches and Ablewhite has provided professional services to my company for many years. This has included sales, purchasing and renting of office properties in and around Colchester. He has been very professional and thorough, combining this with an understanding of the needs of a business client such as ourselves. Together with Peter Riches, he forms a very strong and likeable team."Russell Sainty, Seaford Properties Limited
- "Being a local business in Colchester, we seek to establish relationships with local professionals in certain key areas of business. Morley Riches and Ablewhite are a professional friend of Handelsbanken and understood from a very early stage what we were looking for from their reports. They have been extremely prompt in their delivery of valuations and more than happy to discuss all aspects of the property market within our catchment area, which we find very valuable. Overall a pleasure to deal with."Russell Felstead, Handelsbanken